In addition to my usual New Year’s resolutions (lose weight, exercise, eat right, win lottery) for 2014, I’ve decided to also make some for writing. I’ve found that setting goals motivates me to stay focused on making progress over the course of the year. So without further ado, here are my 2014 writing resolutions:
- Go to a conference. This will likely be the annual SCBWI Carolinas fall conference.
- Take a class. I have, in fact, signed up to take a character workshop with the fabulous John Claude Bemis.
- Finish draft of WIP. Almost there …
- Revise draft.
- Send out queries for WIP.
- Develop characters and plot for new book.
- Write 1,500 words/week.
- Update blog weekly.
Now that I’ve got all this down, it seems a bit daunting. I’ll let you know how I’m doing on these goals as the year progresses.