Watching all this soccer has me thinking about goals. Since we’re halfway through the year (!), I figured I’d check in with my goals for 2014 to see how I’m doing.
- Update blog weekly. Doing well there.
- Go to a conference. Still need to register for the SCBWI Carolinas fall conference.
- Revise draft of WIP. I’ve started, anyway.
- Send out queries for WIP. I’m guessing this won’t happen until early fall. Maybe late fall. By the end of the year?
- Develop characters and plot for new book. I’m working on this, and have done a little writing, actually. Just some bits that needed to get on paper.
- Write 1,500 words/week. Not really happening, but I’m not going to feel bad about it because I’m revising.
Take a class. Finish draft of WIP.
And call me crazy, but I’m going to add a new goal halfway through the year:
- Apply for 2015 writing residency.
Using the great resources at the Alliance of Artists Communities, I’ve identified a few possibilities. The idea of having an entire week just to write makes me feel almost giddy. If you’ve done a residency, I’d love to hear about it in the comments.